2017 DLAT Board of Directors
From left to right: Gary Box, CDT (Advisor to DLAT), Cade Tippett, BS, CDT, (President), Pam Meredith, CDT (Vice President), Matthew Douglas (Secretary/Treasurer), Robert Jones, CDT (Director), Felix Silva, CDT (Director), Keith Wilson (Technician Associate Liaison), John Meeks (Technician Associate Liasion)
January 21st was our first meeting as a newly elected board of directors of 2017. We had a wonderful turnout with the full board present and accounted for! We met at the Hilton DFW Lakes hotel in Grapevine. The very same one we will be hosting the Conference this year from!
We even had some special guest with us:
- Ernest Cardenas, CDT - Past President and owner of The Retainer Factory - he will be heading up a Bluebonnet committee helping to fill the 4 positions on the Board of directors available for Affiliate members.
- Jed Silva (Mascola Esthetics Dental Lab) with a great campaign proposal for the Dental Labs of Texas! We cannot wait to share it with everyone when it is ready.
- Richard Willis, CDT owner of Duece Dental Lab will be helping with the membership committee and bringing some new ideas to the table for membership benefits.
- Larry Mercadel Sr, CDT who is the 2017 Conference Administrator who is helping to make sure the conference runs smoothly.
- Gary Box, CDT Past President, former director of the DLAT and owner of Rainbow Dental Lab was there in an advisory capacity to see the smooth transition of Board of directors officers and had the honor of swearing in of the new officers.
We started out the meeting with a quick Board meeting so that President Cade Tippett could install the Board's choice of Felix Silva (Concert Dental Lab) in at Director. Usually, this is done by-election the previous year but the nominations for was delayed and didn't make the deadline for nomination submission.
Then we had the swearing in of the officers of the board, we took video so that you can watch below.
Other topics we covered were:
- DLAT Bylaws review
- Discussed issues pertaining to the DLCC, TSBDE and Sunset Review
- Discussed how the DLAT can aid dental lab study clubs with help in providing CE to the Dental Lab Industry.
- Assigning Members to the various committees (list to be released to the members soon)
- Assigning tasks to those committees
- And of course Conference discussion (we hope to have conference registration open by Feb 1st!)
- Toured part of the facilities