The Dental Laboratory Board of Directors would like to relay all the information we find to you as it pertains to this current pandemic and your lab. NADL is dedicating lots of manpower to this and using all of its resources to find answers to problems now plaguing Dental labs. Since DLAT is a component member of NADL we will be referring to their findings a lot and will add a dash of Texas-specific regulation when we can. Please bookmark this page and check back often for more updates.
April 29th, 2020
April 27th, 2020
March 20th, 2020
Below is a list of links that we find important to your Lab Business:
The following orders have been issued by Governor Abbott:
- Order No. 1: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, every person in Texas shall avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Order No. 2: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts, or visiting gyms or massage parlors; provided, however, that the use of drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options is allowed and highly encouraged throughout the limited duration of this executive order.
- Order No. 3: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- Order No. 4: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, schools shall temporarily close.
These orders will be effective on a statewide basis starting at 11:59 PM on March 20, 2020 and will end at 11:59 PM on April 3, 2020, subject to extension thereafter based on the status of COVID-19 in Texas and the recommendations of the CDC.
Texas Small Businesses
COVID-19 UPDATE: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) granted Texas’ Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) assistance declaration, making loans available statewide to small businesses and private, non-profit organizations to help alleviate economic injury caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Small businesses who believe they may be eligible for an SBA EIDL, should visit the SBA’s website where they can directly apply for assistance. The online application is the fastest method to receive a decision about loan eligibility.
All forms and further details are available on the SBA Disaster Loan website: www.sba.gov/disaster. Click on the Coronavirus link at the top of the page.
Texas Workforce Commission
The Texas Workforce Commission has additional resources for employers regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on their website: twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-employers
AUSTIN – Today, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott instructed the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to waive the waiting week, for Unemployment Benefits. In addition to waiving the waiting week, TWC is exercising its authority under the Governor’s declaration of a Statewide Disaster to waive Unemployment Insurance work search requirements effective immediately. These measures support the State’s efforts to address the impact the COVID-19 virus is having on the state’s economy and its workforce.
Author: Gary Morgan – Safelink
- Disinfectants Effective Against COVID-19
- Dental Lab Manufacturing In-House Only and NOT outsourcing to a Foreign Dental Lab
- Dental Lab OUTSOURCING to China
- Dental Lab Employee Safety & Protection
- Staff Training
- Infected Persons